Introduction

   

Photo of a sunset over Ester Dome last summer by me

My name is Dylan Maltos, I was born and raised in Fairbanks, Alaska. In 2019, I graduated from Hutchison High School and right afterwards I enrolled here at UAF. Currently, I am studying marketing which interests me because I can see myself applying my own hobbies to a future career in marketing. This is due to the room for creativity that is available in marketing compared to other areas of work when it comes to business.

Like I previously mentioned, I do have several hobbies that I would consider art which I started getting involved in when I was only in junior high. Therefore, these hobbies of mine are what really connects my relationship to art and include photography, cinematography, and graphic design. All of these I am extremely passionate towards. In general, the aspect that draws me to art myself the most is the creativity it allows you to express in your work.

Out of any type of photography, I absolutely love seeing photos of the northern lights. Especially since we are so fortunate to see them here in Fairbanks. Whenever I'm free,  clear skies are prevalent, and the UAF Geophysical Institute's forecast for the auroras looks good I always find myself going out to photograph them myself.

Photo of the aurora by me shot a week ago. January 7th 2021



 

 

Comments

  1. Marketing - that is the biggest hole in my business. I love being an online creator, but marketing is something I really need to learn more about. Wonderful night time photo of the aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, Alaska is definitely one of the best places to be to take photos. I'm not a photographer, but take pictures anywhere I go. I'm not from Fairbanks, but have spent most of my adult life up here. I don't plan on leaving for a while. I appreciate your love of photography, despite it not being your focus. Hobbies are great to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am glad to have another photographer in the class. I mainly do wildlife photography. I work as a killer whale researcher which is how I got into photography in the first place. I like your aurora photo, I live in Juneau so I don't get to see them super often. I hope you have had a good start to the semester so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylan,
    Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful images that you have captured. During my time in Alaska, the Northern lights were definitely my favorite along with the ice sculptures. I agree that art allows creativity and expression. Personally, I love all aspects of art from paintings, photography, sculpture, and design. I wish you much success in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts